Installing CCA Portal
CCAPortal is a webservice that allows your Supervisor or Agents to access various functionalities of the CCA via a web browser:
- Manage and monitor agents (listen-in and see-in).
- Download setup files or field reports.
This service communicates with the CCAService.
It is hosted on your IIS platform, which is not necessary on the same machine as your CCA Server.
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 minimum|
|Processor||Intel Core2Duo, Xeon or higher (with a minimum of 2 cores)|
|Roles||Microsoft IIS 7 or higher, Active Server Page (ASP)|
|Ports||80 must be open|
|Web Service||Design Survey Service (note: uses SOAP) must be installed and authorised in your firewall|
Make sure that CCA Service is installed.
Make sure that port 980 or port 1980 is open on your CCA, since the communication between CCAPortal and CCA is established through one of these ports.
Run the install . . .
- Extract the file and run the .exe.
- This screen will check if your machine meets the minimum hardware requirements.
- This is now the IIS application configuration. Choose "create a new application" if this is the first time you install CCAPortal on this machine.
Choose the name of the application file pool by creating a new pool, or replacing an existing one.
- You can also change its user name, although "Network Service" is correct in most cases.
- Now, type in the IP address where your CCA Service is reachable. In this example, the CCA Service runs on a PC named "ASKIA-STEPHEN".
- The installer will now install the CCA Portal with the parameters you have just defined. Hit "Install" when ready.
- The CCA Portal is now accessible from everywhere at http://YourServerPublicIp/CCAPortal.