Supervisor is the application that allows supervisors to connect to the Contact Centre Administration server (CCA) and manage fieldwork.
Before you install a Supervisor station on your machine, ask your System Administrator which version of CCA is installed on your environment. Your Supervisor's version needs to match it.
Hardware and Software:
||Microsoft Windows 7
||4 GB RAM
||100 MB of available disk space
||Ethernet or wireless connection activated
You should have the read/write/modify permissions on the Askia installation path (usually C:\Program Files\Askia or C:\Program Files (x86)\Askia).
Run the Install
Download SUPERVISOR according to your server version here.
Unzip and run the downloaded setup.exe file as an Administrator.
- Choose your installation language on this screen.
- Choose where Supervisor should be installed. By default, it will be C:\Program Files\AskiaField or C:\Program Files(x86)\AskiaField.
The setup will create a "Supervisor" folder in the selected path.
- Next, chose a working directory. This is where files will be saved during fieldwork, such as logs, dumps, etc.
- If this is the first time you have installed Supervisor in your machine, you will need to configure Supervisor during the installation.
- This is the configuration screen. You will need to provide the IP address of the CCA you want to connect to. If a CCA is detected on your network, its IP will be available in the dropdown list. By default, the CCA uses the port 903 to communicate with Supervisor.
Location: the location is a number representing the computer you are connecting from. It is visible on the CCA.
Chose "Fixed" if you want to attach your machine with one specific location. This allows you to track which machine is connected to the CCA.
"Ask location at startup" will show you all available locations each time you connect to the CCA. Finally, "Let CCA or CTArchitect choose a location" will let the CCA pick one amongst the available locations each time you connect to the CCA.
- The setup might then download additional files from the CCA server.
It will download them from Askia's website if the files are not present on your server. Click yes to start the download. You will of course need an internet connection for this!
- After all the files have been downloaded, the setup will be complete.
- (Optional) - Customize your shortcuts
Navigate to the installation folder and create a shortcut to Supervisor.exe (right-click -> create shortcut). The shortcut can then be customized to hold some of your preferred settings (Supervisor ID, or password...etc) so they are directly applied upon using the custom shortcut.
To do so, right-click > properties on the created shortcut. From the "Shortcut tab", you can add these parameters into the "Target" box at the end of the existing target.
On the example above, my custom shortcut will not try to connect to the default installation CCA, but to a CCA located at 10.0.51.20. In a similar fashion, other keywords can be used to call other settings.
Here is the list of parameters that can be added at the end of the target :
This list can also be found via the command line "Supervisor.exe -?".