Big changes have been made on restrictions feature, starting with 5.4.3. We brought a new feature named "Module", mainly to manage the API stuff.
In previous versions, the restrictions work roughly like this:
- All users are allowed to log in with Cati, AskiaFace, Kodim, …
- Users can only log in with Supervisor if 'allow supervisor module' is enabled
If this is the case, you can configure permissions per CCA object
- To be able to use the API, users need to have both 'allow supervisor' and 'allow API login' enabled
This has the following drawbacks:
- It's impossible to prevent logging in on client applications
- If a user needs API access, he always will have Supervisor access
- It isn't possible to differentiate API logins
Because of this the new modules feature is introduced and allows:
- Changes in restriction properties window
- Creation and use ability of custom modules
To check which module can be used within a specific restriction, open first its restriction properties. You can see a new tab, named "Modules" (along with "Agent" and "Management" tabs).
- Agent Modules (Modules that can be logged into with an agent restriction)
- AskiaFace (for AskiaFace Windows and tablets - Default)
- Cati (Default)
- Kodim (Default)
- Management modules (Modules that require a management restriction to login)
- CcaPortal (Default)
- RecordingManagmentTool (Default)
- Supervisor (Default)
- Customer created Module (see creating a module)
Tick or untick to allow or not the usage of a specific module for this restriction.
The "Agent" tab is now a combination of the Cati / Capi / Coding and pause restrictions:
- Old Supervisor restriction changed to management tab, now useable for all Management modules
- 'Supervisor only' options are grouped
- Rename of "Enable FTP Functionality"
You may need to create a new API module.
- A management restriction can prevent actions in this window
- When logging in using the API, you'll need to specify the module
- Future dashboards or applications will receive a hardcoded module name that can be linked here. (Create a new module with the hardcoded name)
To create a new module, go to Ribbon > Extra > Modules:
Add a new module
- Unique name different from the default names
- "Allow multiple sessions per user"