|Summary||How to embed a video into a specific screen|
|Applies to||Askia Design|
|Written for||Survey Designers|
|Keywords||video ; embed ; youtube ; design ; iframe ; html ; html5 ; mp4 ; webm ; ogg|
Embed videos from Youtube
- From Youtube directly, retrieve the HTML code to embed the video
- In Design, navigate to the specific screen
- Open the screen's properties
- In the Contents tab, uncheck the Use default checkbox for the Before content section, so that the screen does not use the default template.
- Paste the HTML code into this box.
Alternatively, you can start from step 3 and
4. Create a label on the screen and paste the HTML code in that label.
Embed videos from other online services
Most other online services do provide embedding features, like Vimeo or Youtube. They are often located alongside the social media sharing features.
Example in Vimeo:
Once you have retrieved the HTML code from the online video service, start from step 2.
Embed a locally hosted video file
Note: the above HTML method only supports MP4/WebM/OGG video formats. If you have an AVI or other video format, you'll need to convert the video to one of the previously mentioned formats first before the player can use it.
- Add your MP4/WebM/OGG video file into the Resources tab in the survey (Right-click, Insert Animation, and browse to your file)
- Create a label on the screen you would like to play the video on
- Insert the following code into the caption of that label:
<video width="600" height="" controls>You should now see an HTML5 player, as shown below
<source src="??ResPath??\oceans.mp4" type="video/mp4">
Embed a video via an ADC: