|Summary||This article explains the messages you may have during a survey update|
|Written for||Field Managers|
|Keywords||Survey update; qex ; askiavoice ; Web; Working Copy ; Warnings; errors ; critical ; 22.214.171.124|
Documentation Note: add in the tasks documentation
While updating a survey on the Supervisor, you may encounter some messages which indicate possible problems.
These messages are classified in 4 levels of warning, from Low to Critical.
All these messages must require your attention, some of them (High and Critical) must be completely fixed / checked before update the survey.
Since CCA version 126.96.36.199, the update of a survey containing critical errors cannot proceed. The "ignore all warnings" check box is deactivated with this level of error.
Level 1 : Low
That's mostly informational messages.
- Last Revision Incompatible: It means there is a difference between the revision in survey on CCA and the QEX uses for updated the survey.
- Survey Is Older Version Will Upgrade: This message appears at the first survey update after a CCA Upgrade (for example from 5.2.X to 5.3.X). When changing version, there are new fields to apply to the previous survey structure. The CCA will do it and warn you about this.
- Charset Routing Used: With 5.3.3, the usage of Charset is no longer necessary and can even lead to corrupted data. You must remove your charset immediately. In the meantime, the routing "Set Charset" is deactivated in CCA and WebProd.
Level 2: Medium
These messages indicates problems which can have an impact on the behaviour of the survey.
- Imported Field Not Numeric: Problem where a imported sample list field is numeric in the survey but in text in the sample list. It needs to be fixed as the sample list will be untargeted.
- Imported Field Not Found: An import field declared in the survey is missing in the sample list. Field name is indicated. It needs to be fixed as the sample list will be untargeted.
- No Screen For Question: A question is set as visible during data collection, but the screen has not been generated. This needs to be fixed as there will be no data collected for this question.
- No Screen: Indicates that no screens have been generated for the survey. The survey can only work in "Key In" mode.
- Imported Field Not Found In Project: Same as "imported field not found" but for scripts.
- Quota Modality Added: One or more modalities for a question in a quota have been added in this update. The quota definition should be reviewed after the update.
Level 3: High
These problems can have a negative effect on data collection or survey behaviour.
- Quota Question Deleted: A question present in a Quota has been deleted. The question is indicated in the error message.
- Quota Sub Question Deleted: A question present in the Quota nested tree has been deleted. The question is indicated into the error message.
- Quota Question Unavailable: question still exists, but ‘available for quota’ is disabled (and the question is still in quota).
- Quota Modality Deleted: One or more modalities from a question in the quota have been deleted. The quota definition should be reviewed after the update.
Level 4 : Critical
These errors indicate that the update cannot be made.
- Revision History Incompatible. Surveys are completely different: There is a problem with the QEX you are using to update your survey. It could be a corrupted QEX or a QEX from another survey.
- Revision History Older Version: indicates that you are trying to update a survey with an older version than the actual one.
- No Shortcut: Indicates that there is no shortcut on the questionnaire tree.
- Shortcut Already Used: Indicates duplicates into shortcuts names.
- Loop Without Question: Indicates there is no sub-question to a loop.
- No Visible Question: Indicates that there are no visible questions for the whole survey.
- Update Source Is Old Version Please Upgrade Update Source: Indicates that you are trying to update a survey running with a specific version of Field/design (for example 5.3.X) with a QEX made with a previous (and incompatible) version (5.2.x for example).
- Question Changed Type: A question type has changed and will generate data loss. Update must be cancelled.
- Incompatible Level: A loop question has been set as a normal question, or a normal question has been set as a loop. Risk of data loss. Update must be cancelled.