|Summary||This article describes how to create a click & go Supervisor or CATI station.|
|Written for||Fieldwork manager|
|Keywords||supervisor; click & go; click and go ;cati ; clickngo|
Click&Go workstations are a seemless way of using Supervisor.exe or CATI.exe on remote machines. Indeed :
- No installation is required
- Doesn't contain extra files, only the .exe
- Dependancies, such as Visual C redistributable (vcredist.exe) aren't required
- Registry keys aren't used at all
The programs are merely sophisticated self-extracting zip files. It works roughly like this upon running:
- A temp folder is created in the windows temp folder
- Everything necessary is extracted to this directory
- Supervisor.exe is started with an embedded command line
- After Supervisor.exe closes the temporaty directory (and everything inside) is deleted
There are two ways to obtain a Click&Go workstation :
- If the CCA to which the workstations will connect does have the CCAPortal feature installed, simply grab the Click&Go from there, it will already be configured
- Or, download and configure your Click&Go stations from your CCA. The file located in the working directory (usually C:\AskiaField\ClicknGo )
Supervisor Click&Go (manual configuration) :
The exe internally contains the command line necessary to start Supervisor.
This command line contains everything needed:
- IP address of CCA
- Associated setup version -> if this version is lower than the latest version available on CCA, the program will abort!
- standalone option to signal the registry has to be ignored
- (optional) port number of cca
- (optional) agent ID for login
- (optional) password for login (encrypted or not)
- (optional) location ID
- (optional) default workspace ID for startup
For an overview, run
When getting a Click&Go via CCAPortal, the EXE is automatically generated with the correct parameters.
Would you need to create the .exe manually, here is the command to run in Window's command prompt :
"Supervisor Click&Go.exe" -setcommand:"Supervisor.exe -standalone -cca:127.0.0.1:903 -agentid:1 -password: -locationid:2 -workspace:2 -setup:188.8.131.52"
To manually create and distribute a supervisor Click&Go, you need to add, into the same folder:
- the supervisor Click&go from the same version than your cca (you will find it into the askiafield\setups directory on your cca server)
- a bat file
How to proceed:
- create a txt file first (with notepad).
- add the command with all parameters needed
- save the txt file and change the extension from .txt to .bat
- double click on the .bat file. A window will appear to indicate if the execution is a success.
Once it's done, you can send the supervisor click&go.exe file to your customer (no need to send the .bat file).
CATI Click&Go (manual configuration) :
Follow the exact same steps than for a Supervisor Click&Go.
The only difference is in the command line :
You can also update the command yourself by running the "setcommand", you will have to use the connection port 901, instead of 903 :
"CATI Click&Go.exe" -setcommand:"CATI.exe -standalone -cca:127.0.0.1:901 -agentid:1 -password: -locationid:2
Additional note in 5.4 and above: It could happens that the Supervisor or Cati Click & go downloaded from the CcaPortal doesn't start when executing the exe received.
That could be due to a cache corruption problem. In this case, please, empty the two followingt folders on the Webserver where CcaPortal is installed:
Then please download the exe again.