|Summary||This article describes how to create a Click&Go Supervisor or CATI station.|
|Written for||Fieldwork manager|
|Keywords||supervisor; click & go; click and go; cati; clickngo; click&go|
Click&Go workstations are a seamless way of using Supervisor.exe or CATI.exe on remote machines.
- No installation is required.
- The program doesn't contain extra files, only the .exe.
- Dependencies, such as Visual C redistributable (vcredist.exe) are not required.
- Registry keys aren't used at all.
The programs are merely sophisticated self-extracting zip files. It works like this:
- A temp folder is created in the Windows temp folder.
- Everything necessary is extracted to this directory.
- Supervisor.exe is started with an embedded command line.
- After Supervisor.exe closes the temporary directory (and everything inside it) is deleted.
There are two ways to obtain a Click&Go workstation:
- If the CCA to which the workstations will connect does have the CCAPortal feature installed, simply grab the Click&Go from there, as it will already be configured.
- Or, download and configure your Click&Go stations from your CCA. The fil can be located in the working directory (usually C:\AskiaField\ClicknGo).
Supervisor Click&Go (manual configuration)
The .exe internally contains the command line necessary to start Supervisor.
This command line contains everything needed:
- The IP address of CCA.
- The associated setup version -> if this version is lower than the latest version available on CCA, the program will abort!
- A standalone option to signal the registry has to be ignored.
- Port number of CCA (optional).
- Agent ID for login (optional).
- Password for login (encrypted or not) (optional).
- Location ID (optional).
- Default workspace ID for start-up (optional).
For an overview, run . . .
When getting a Click&Go via CCAPortal, the .exe is automatically generated with the correct parameters.
If you need to create the .exe manually, here is the command to run this from the command prompt:
"Supervisor Click&Go.exe" -setcommand:"Supervisor.exe -standalone -cca:127.0.0.1:903 -agentid:1 -password: -locationid:2 -workspace:2 -setup:126.96.36.1990"
To manually create and distribute a supervisor Click&Go, you need to add, into the same folder:
- The Supervisor Click&Go from the same version than your CCA (you will find it in the askiafield\setups directory on your CCA server).
- A .bat file.
How to proceed:
- Create a txt file first (with notepad).
- Add the command with all parameters needed.
- Save the txt file and change the extension from .txt to .bat.
- Double-click on the .bat file. A window will appear to indicate if the execution is a success.
Once it's done, you can send the supervisor click&go.exe file to your customer (no need to send the .bat file).
CATI Click&Go (manual configuration)
Follow the exact same steps for a Supervisor Click&Go.
The only difference is in the command line:
"Cati Click&Go v188.8.131.527.exe" -setcommand:"cati.exe -standalone -cca:MyExternalCCAIpAddress:901 -agent:Shaft -password:groovy -locationid:205 -setup:184.108.40.2067"
Additional note in 5.4 and above: It could happen that the Supervisor or CATI Click&Go downloaded from the CCAPortal doesn't start when executing the exe received.
That could be due to a cache corruption problem. In this case, please, empty the two following folders on the Webserver where CCAPortal is installed:
Then please download the .exe again.