Attention : the following section describes the minimum requirements on the host machine, when it will be used to host the CCA application only. There are additional requirements when the host machine is running other applications, such as WebProd. If WebProd is required, please refer to the corresponding minimum requirements section here.
In case of a server application installation performed by Askia staff, the application will NOT be installed if one of these pre-requirements (or more) is not met on the host machine.
Hardware and Software
|OS||Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or higher|
|Processor||Intel Xeon or higher|
|RAM||min 6 GB RAM|
|HD||min 500 GB, plus enough space for surveys resources & data|
|Network||Ethernet activated with fix local IP address / Netbios name|
|Software||Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (CCAWebAPI), IIS 7, Microsoft SQL server(2012 or higher),SQL Server Management Studio|
|Drivers||Microsoft Access 2013 Runtime for CCA / Microsoft Access 2007 Runtime for Export Service|
|Windows CAPI: TCP 940 or TCP 1940 (encrypted) In & Out OPEN|
|CATI: TCP 901/923 or TCP 1901/1923 (encrypted) In & Out OPEN|
|Supervisor: TCP 903 & TCP 922 (data) or TCP 1903 & TCP 1922 (data) (encrypted) In & Out OPEN|
|WebProd: TCP 910 or TCP 1910 (encrypted) In & Out OPEN|
|AskiaFace (Android/iOS): TCP 80 In & Out OPEN|
|API: TCP 980 or TCP 1980 (encrypted) In & Out OPEN|
|Reporting Service: TCP 970 or TCP 1970 (encrypted) In & Out OPEN|
|Agent Monitoring Service: TCP 990 and TCP 15500 (server), TCP 15900 (viewer), TCP 15901 (web viewer) In & Out OPEN|
|Updates Packages: TCP 991, TCP 1991 In & Out OPEN|
|SQL Server: TCP 1433 In & Out (to prohib over Internet!) OPEN|
|Optional : for a CTArchitect dialler, please open the following ports too|
|Communication between CTArchitect and CCA : TCP 902/1902 OPEN|
|Communication between CTArchitect and HWClient.exe : TCP 9070 & 9071 OPEN|
|Communication between CATI.exe and HWClient : on the HWClient, TCP/UDP 5060 (SIP) or TCP/UDP 1720 (h323) OPEN|
|Encryption||AES RC4 block encryption algorithm, 128bit key length & 128bit salt length (See RC4 for details)|
|Windows updates||Windows and Microsoft updates must be activated (automatic download + manual installation)|
|Anti-Malware||Periodic scans should exclude files used by the CCA to prevent access locks|
||VPN||Required if using off-site CATI agents or off-site databases|
||SMTP||Required if using email invitations. SMTP server and CCA must be able to communicate with IP.|
Security and Users
- SQL Server Properties
Server Properties > Security > Server Authentication
Make sure to enable "SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode"
- SQL user
CCA writes in a SQL database. During CCA's setup, it will attempt to create the 5 databases in which CCA is later going to write data. Therefore, whichever SQL user is assigned to CCA, this user should have "db_creator" rights on the SQL server during the installation process. It can then be removed for production.
During production, "db_owner" is required on the 2 created databases.
In the case of an installation performed by Askia staff, an "AskiaField" SQL user will be created with enough rights to carry on the installation. Please contact Askia staff before the installation if a different user shall be used instead.
- CCA application or service user
CCA is a Windows application (.exe) that will run on the server.
Therefore, the Windows user that will run the application (or the service, if the application is set to run as a service) should have the read/write/modify permissions on the Askia installation path (usually C:\Program Files\Askia or C:\Program Files (x86)\Askia)
In the case of an installation performed by Askia staff, the Windows login that is provided in order to log on to the server will be the one used to run the application. Please contact Askia staff before the installation if a different user shall be used instead.
- Installation privileges
Local administrator privileges are required during the installation or update process
- CCA server
- CPU: 2 cores are the minimum. Add 1 every 25 agents or 2 for each server’s apps connected (CCA, CTArchitect, WebProd,…).
- RAM: 4GB are the minimum. Add 2 for each server’s apps connected (CCA, CTArchitect, WebProd,…).
- SQL Server (Non Express edition)
- CPU: 2 cores are the minimum. Add 1 every 25 agents or 2 for each server’s apps connected (AskiaVista, CTArchitect, WebProd,…)
- RAM: 4GB dedicated are the minimum + 10GB for each server’s apps connected (AskiaVista, CTArchitect, WebProd,…)
- CATI without CTArchitect: Add 1GB every 3 agents
- CATI with CTArchitect : Add 1GB per agent
- CATI fieldwork with more than 50 agents have to dedicates a data server hosting the SQL Server instance and databases.
- CATI fieldwork with telephony integration have to use a valid SQL Server version installed on a dedicated server to host the SQL Server instance and databases.
- SQL Server Express Edition usage is possible but please be aware of its limitations and that it is not recommended with more than 15 agents.
- Network & access infrastructure
Please take care of the internal network infrastructure in case of VOIP usage (Switch VOIP for QoS, Gbit and no Mbit Lan…).
Before the installation, ask for the latest recommendations of our VOIP partner : MyForce
- Agents connected from a remote site (not on the same LAN than the servers) should use a stable internet connection as SDSL or fiber optical. The connection made should also be done through a VPN.
- Remote control & file transfer allowed for Askia's tech support.
Running the install
Download CCA's latest version (5.5.3.X) here.
Extract the file and run the .exe.
- Select the installation folder. This will contain the .exe file and libraries.
- Select the pre-defined installation templates from the drop-down list. For a classic CCA installation, select CCA.
You can then add or remove components according to your needs.
CTArchitect is the automatic dialing application.
CTWatch is an application that restarts CCA or CTArchitect if the application is down.
If you wish to use CCA Portal later, tick CCA Web Service, and refer to the following section : Install CCA Service after the install.
- The next screen is the requirement checks screen. The three hardware tests ensure that your machine is powerful enough. If SQL DMO is not installed yet, the setup will allow you to do it now.
- The next screen allows you to define the working directory of the CCA. This is where most space is used. Questionnaire structure files, resources (video, audio, images), partial exports are stored here. Usually, a shared hard drive partition is dedicated to this working directory.
- If your setup includes an automatic dialier, type in its IP address here, else, leave blank.
- The next screen lets you define whether your CCA server should run as an application or as a service. Choose here if you want your CCA server to be able to generate Crystal Reports (agent monitoring reports, calls monitoring reports).
- Now, time to connect the CCA to the SQL server. Type in the IP of your SQL server followed by "\" and the SQL instance name. (e.g. localhost\SQLEXPRESS). The default port is 1433.
Then use the db_owner credentials you have created earlier.
- The setup is now going to create all needed databases, and create a DSN on the CCA server to reach each database.
If the SQL server already has CCA databases in it that you want to re-use, select them from the drop-down list. Else, click "Create..."
First database: Global . . .
- Second Database : CCA
- Third database : Statistics
- Fourth, fifth and sixth databases : Lists, Surveys and CTScript. Either re-use an existing one in case of a previous installation, or create new ones.
- The next screen is a recap of the installation settings. Make sure you reviewed them before you click "Install" . . .
- Now, every extra feature that you selected from the installation list is going to be installed. Once the extra features are installed, you are done!
The same setup files are used for both fresh installation and upgrade.
The process is essentially the same as a fresh installation, except that all configuration parameters will be pre-filled from your existing configuration.
- Do I have to uninstall the existing version to upgrade? : No
- Will there be downtime for my agents an supervisors? : Yes
- Will there be downtime for Web respondents? : No, online surveys will remain accessible, although the quota feature will not be available.
Recommendations before any CCA upgrade :
- Make sure you have local administrator privileges
- Check the Windows Services and locate "Contact Centre Administrator". It will show which Windows user is currently running the service. You should have access to this user's credentials to be able to carry on the update.
- Here is the list of items that should be saved in case a rollback to the previous version is needed
- Installation directory ( the /AskiaField/CCA folder in the file system)
- Schedule an SQL restoration point
- Backup the registry settings ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Peter Holmes\Cca\Settings)
- Clean-up of the "Statistics" databases by removing unused tables
- This can be performed with the dedicated CCA Backup tool
- You can save these with the "create package" feature
Run the update:
- Navigate to the Windows Services menu and expand the properties of "Contact Centre Administrator". Set it to "disabled". Then right-click on the service and Stop it.
A couple of options are available from the command line.
Open a Command prompt and navigate to you CCA installation folder.
The command is CCA.exe and the following options are available.
|cca.exe -help or cca.exe -?||Displays the list of commands|
|cca.exe -settings||Opens the CCA settings window without needing to start the CCA server.|
|cca.exe -service -install U:username P:password||Installs the CCA windows service without needing to run the full installer again.|
|cca.exe -service -uninstall||Gets rid of the windows service|
|cca.exe -service -start||Starts and stop the Windows service|
|cca.exe -service -stop||Stops the Windows service|