With restrictions, you can control what the user is able to see or edit . You can define as many restrictions as you have user profiles and set rights on:
Create a restriction
To create a restriction, go to supervisor ribbon > Create > restriction:
By default, 3 restrictions are set during a Cca setup:
2 restrictions for Supervisor (1 with all rights, 1 with limited access) and a 1 restriction for CATI Agent. These 3 restrictions are a good base to work with Askiafield.
Set a restriction
A restriction contains 3 tabs:
Indicates which agents or management modules the restriction has access
Restriction settings for CATi or CAPI Interviewer
Restriction settings for Supervisor.
- If they are allowed to change groups or not,
- The startup state (ready or in pause),
- Allow them to send messages,
- If this agent can connect as AskiaFace agent,
- the types of pauses they can select,
A various set of actions can be checked or unchecked at your convenience.
For example, restrictions determine whether an agent is allowed to make manual outbound calls, what authority or privileges a supervisor can exercise over agents, and which askiafield modules can be used by a particular supervisor or agent. By associating an appropriate set of restrictions (known as a restriction pattern) with a specific agent or supervisor, you can grant or refuse them the privileges defined in that set of restrictions. This one is important if you want to distribute a supervisor Click and Go to your customer or to a partner. For this, you will need to create a new restriction that will be available only for your customer or partner login.
Let's say we will create a restriction for a partner that will use your Cca and your Webprod for his own projects. But this supervisor should not see any of your projects, lists, etc.
Give a name and tick the "Supervisor" checkbox in "Management".
If necessary, you can tick also "Analyse", "Design" or "Tools" in management if you want to give an access to the "Open live survey mode"
Then, open the "Management" tab.
In general Tab, you have various options to tick or not, according to the access level you want to give to your partner.
The most important here is to set a specific working directory (created on your CCA server) for your partner into the "CCA file system root path". It means it will not able to navigate outside this directory during the various actions where you can navigate through windows explorer (create tasks, upload / download file to and from cca, etc.).
You can decide also to which environment your partner will have access. For example, if your partner will only use the Webprod, you need to tick "Enable Web" and you can untick all other environments.
Then, you will define, for each Cca objects, the access level. You will need to open the wanted tab at the right of "General" tab.
Each object can be configured in 8 levels:
- Allow creation of new objects: Grant the supervisor the authority to add new items (e.g. on the agents tab, this is permission to add new agents).
- Allow deleting of objects: Grant the supervisor the authority to delete the selected item(s) (e.g. on the agents tab, this is permission to delete the selected agents).
- New - Created with this restriction: If this option is selected, the supervisor can view and edit only those items (e.g. on the agents tab, this is permission to view/edit agent details) created by a supervisor under the same restriction pattern.
- New - Created with another restriction: If this option is selected, the supervisor can view and edit only those items (e.g. on the agents tab, this is permission to view/edit agent details) created by a supervisor under any restriction pattern.
- Default object: Grant the supervisor the authority to change the default settings of survey, lists, agents, etc., as found in the defaults window.
- View: Grant the supervisor the authority to view the selected item(s) (e.g. on the agents tab, this is permission to view the selected agent).
- Edit: Grant the supervisor the authority to view and edit the properties of the selected item(s) (e.g. on the agents tab, this is permission to view and edit the selected agent).
- ID / Name of the objects.
- Actions (in columns) : this is what you are allowed to do with the objects. The headers of the columns are pretty self-explanatory.
Let's move to "Tasks" tab. In this example, you want to give access to all object actions created by this supervisor restriction.
So, you will allow creation of new objects.
Then, you will tick all the actions of the first row (New - Created with this restriction). It means the supervisor will be able to act on his own created objects.
You don't tick anything on the second row (New - Created with another restriction). It means that all surveys created with other restrictions since the creation of this "Partner_A" restriction will remain invisible to this supervisor.
You will need to do it for each tab of the new restriction.
You can also decide to allow to view / edit any object already present on your CCA, by ticking the wanted actions on the Row of the selected object.
Once your restriction is created, just associate it to the agent login you have created for your partner.
Allocate a restriction
You must attribute a restriction, in agent properties, for each login you create on the supervisor:
You can change an agent from restriction at any time. The change is instantly applied.