AskiaAnalyse: How to create a ranking average or ranking summary from a multi-coded question?
This article explains two methods to analyse rankings captured in an ordered response, multi-coded question. Both methods use AskiaAnalyse's 'Create loop' functionality.
Let's imagine we have collected ranking data with a multi-coded question, with ordered responses selected.
The two potential methods for analysing the data are:
Calculate the average ranking
1. Create a 'Closed level' variable and name it something like Loop_ranking. Leave the script empty in this case . . .
To create the item list of your loop question, you can drag and drop the responses from your multi-coded question.
2. Add a 'Numeric by script' variable and name it something like RankingValues. Set the level of this question to be the new loop you just created, 'Loop_ranking'.
Add the script . . .
You will now see your created loop in the calculated questions chapter at the bottom:
3. Create a Tab definition:
Transpose the tab if needed in the General tab > Settings > Breaks . . .
Then click on Results. You can apply a simple advanced sort on the columns, as shown below, to get the mean values sorted:
Create a ranking summary table:
1. Create a 'Closed level' variable and name it something like Loop_ranking. Leave the script empty in this case.
2. Add a 'Closed by single script' variable and name it something like RankingCodes. Set the level of this question to be the new loop you just created, 'Loop_ranking'. Note that the same script is used as before in the child question of the loop:
3. Create a Tab definition as shown below. This time, the transpose option is not required.
The .QES file and portfolio used in the examples above can be downloaded here.